Last Updated On : January 14, 2007
YOU ARE VISITOR NUMBER :
Hello ! I am an electrical engineer by profession.I am deeply interested in Hindi Music and this website is an offshoot of my love towards music.
My E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
THIS IS AN ATTEMPT TO REACH OUT TO YOU ALL MUSIC LOVERS OF HINDI MUSIC AND HELP YOU LEARN PLAYING TUNES ON ELECTRONIC KEYBOARDS LIKE CASIO,YAMAHA ETC.SO GRAB A MUSICAL KEYBOARD AND GET STARTED.
ON THIS WEB SITE YOU WILL FIND TUNES OF A COUPLE OF HINDI SONGS UPDATED ON A REGULAR BASIS.
FIRST AN INTRODUCTION TO THE HINDI NOTES :
A SAPTAK CONSISTS OF 12 SWARAS(NOTES) WHICH ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Sa -(Shuddha Sa)-We will denote this as S.
2. Re - (Komal Re)-We will denote this as R.
3. Re - (Shuddha Re) - We will denote this as R.
4. Ga - (Komal Ga) -We will denote this as G.
5. Ga - (Shuddha Ga) -We will denote this as G.
6. Ma -(Shuddha Ma) - We will denote this as M.
7. Ma' - (Tivra Ma) -We will denote this as M'.
8. Pa - (Shuddha Pa) - We will denote this as P.
9. Dha - (Komal Dha) - We will denote this as D.
10. Dha - (Shuddha Dha) - We will denote this as D.
11. Ni - (Komal Ni) - We will denote this as N .
12. Ni - (Shuddha Ni) - We will denote this as N.
A SAPTAK MEANS AN OCTAVE.IN MUSIC THE SAME BASIC 12 SWARAS ARE REPEATED WITH HIGHER OR LOWER FREQUENCIES.NOTES OF HIGHER OCTAVES WILL BE DENOTED BY A STAR AFTER THE LETTER(eg S*) AND NOTES OF LOWER OCTAVE WILL BE DENOTED BY A STAR BEFORE THE LETTER(eg *S).
If we look at the above picture closely,we find there is a pattern in the position of the BLACK keys.Two black keys are close together separated by one White key and then after 2 white keys there are 3 black keys again separated by one white key.The same pattern of keys repeats further.The white key preceding the 2 close black keys is the Shuddha Sa note denoted by S.
The White keys denote the Shuddha Swaras and the Black ones represent the Komal and Tivra Swaras.
The 5th White key in the above picture represents the S note.Other notes are tabulated below:
|1||S||5th White Key|
The same notes are repeated furher but with higher octave(Tar Saptak) starting with S*.Notes before the S (5th white key) are lower octave (Mandra Saptak) notes denoted with a * before the note,eg. *N.
NOW THAT YOU ARE FAMILIAR WITH THE KEYS,LET US BEGIN OUR MUSICAL JOURNEY TOGETHER AND TRY TO PLAY A COUPLE OF TUNES.FOLLOW THE LINKS AT THE BOTTOM OF PAGE FOR SONGS AND THEIR MUSICAL NOTATIONS.
FEEL FREE TO SEND YOUR SUGGESTIONS AND COMMENTS.
home | inspirational | kids | miscellaneous | oldies | photo gallery | popular | prayers | raga based | romantic | patriotic | self composed | sizzlers
Wish you a very relaxing and fulfilling musical journey !
Those interested in electrical subjects are welcome to my other website RK Electrical